Sunday, June 17, 2012

6/17/12 Power Corkin' eaters

I have a pretty reliable pattern going now for eaters. It's called power corkin'.  I'm finding active Walleyes are set up on weed patches in 7-15 f.o.w. with steep breaking bottom. A slip bobber and Leech has been working best for eating sized fish but running your boat over these fish seems to spook them out. I like to run the breaklines in 18-25 f.o.w. until I mark good bunches of bait and hopefully fish. Then it's time to shut the big motor off and quietly work shallow. When there is a wind blowing in it allows me to drift shallower otherwise I will creep shallower with the trolling motor, constantly pitching  with a cork and Leech. The key to this system is to keep moving until you catch a fish. Just because you are fishing with a bobber doesn't mean you have to sit in one place all day. If you have someone else in the boat you can try having them cast a jig or crankbait to show them something different. The fish tend to run bigger on artificials and bite-offs from Pike are common so it depends on what your looking for. If it's eaters that you are after, try power corkin'!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment